Computer Repair Field Technician
Join Our Team
Why consider joining the Computer Cures team?
8 reasons you will enjoy your work as our onsite computer technician
- You will be respected at all times. You will not be the recipient of anger or criticism from management.
- You will be asked questions, for your feedback from experience, and as a form of education.
- You can share recent experiences, challenges, and ideas and feel appreciated in our weekly team meetings.
- You’ll learn and be in control of our systems without intense supervision.
- You’ll be treated how we want you to treat and talk to our customers.
- Your role is important and significant as we’re a small but fast-growing company.
- Your ideas will be appreciated and rewarded.
- Opportunity to contribute to all areas of the business.
Do You Like Variety of Work?
We offer a whole range of computer repair and maintenance services, so no two days at work are the same.
For our customers you will need the following skills:
- Computer repair and upgrades for PCs, Macs, Laptops, and Desktops.
- Advanced hardware skills, including troubleshooting, repair, and upgrades.
- Advanced software skills, including troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10, and OSX.
- Proficiency in Apple iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Experience working in IT support for a mobile computer repair company or computer shop.
- Basic admin (using our job management system), such as collecting payments on-site and providing follow-up support via phone or email.
Attitude is Key
Your attitude is more important than decades of experience or every qualification under the sun.
What We’re Looking for…
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues in ‘plain English’.
- Friendly and personable with customers in their home or office.
- Enthusiastic, optimistic attitude and willing to learn.
- Clear thinking with the ability to work under pressure and solve problems.
- Passion for technology.
- Attention to detail.
Benefits: What You’ll Enjoy
- Top Technology – Company provided iPhone, iPad & work tools.
- Professionally branded work uniform, work bag and your own personalised business cards and name badge.
- Extensive training and support.
- State of the art offices and dedicated computer repair workshop based in Parkdale, Melbourne (Australia).
- Free underground car parking.
- Energetic & fun team-orientated culture.
- Supportive team environment.
- Fuel allowance & e-tag
Our Core Values
- Make mistakes, learn and grow.
- Be proud of the business.
- Pursue growth and learning.
- Build a positive team & family spirit.
- Improve business everyday.
- Delivery ‘WOW’ customer service.
- Go the extra mile for our customers.
- Always be a team player.
- Have fun at work.
- Your ideas are appreciated and rewarded.
Before you pick up the phone, please make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- An Australian (permanent) resident.
- Over 5 years experience in computer repairs.
- Must live in Melbourne.
- Reliable and organised.
- Outgoing, professional, clean cut and have a can do attitude.
- Own a reliable and well-maintained car and have a full drivers licence (with good driving record).
- Are willing to undergo a police background check.
- Own a smartphone.
We want to talk to you
Feel like the position is for you? Fantastic. We want to talk with you. That’s right – talk. Not read your resume.
By chatting on the phone, we can gauge your attitude, expertise, and work ethic. Give us a call on 1300 407 187 today, but keep in mind the first question will be ‘Do you have 5 years experience in computer repairs?’ – that’s the first prerequisite.
Resumes will not be accepted in the first stage and will be disregarded if sent.