Computer Repair Field Technician
Join Our Team
You’re looking for a new job for one major reason: you’re unhappy with the company you are still working for.
So, why join the Computer Cures team? Here are a couple of ways our company will improve your work and life.
- Your 5+ years experience will be valued and appreciated
- You will be asked for your wisdom and ideas and be respected at all times
- You will be a valuable team member in a small, fast growing business
Computer Cures is loved by its home owner and small business customers. We want a reliable, professional team member to join us and grow with us.
Want more rewards for your good attitude and computer skills from the company you work for?
6 reasons to enjoy your work and life as a onsite computer technician
- You will be respected at all times. You will not be the recipient of anger or criticism from management.
- You will be asked questions, for your feedback from experience, and as a form of education.
- You can share your recent experiences, challenges, and ideas and feel appreciated in our weekly team meetings.
- You’ll learn and be in control of our systems without intense supervision.
- You’ll be treated how we want you to treat and talk to our customers.
- Your role is important and significant as we’re a small but fast-growing company.
Do You Like Variety of Work?
We offer a whole range of computer repair and maintenance services, so no two days at work are the same.
To ensure our customers receive top-quality services, you will need the following skills:
- Computer repair and upgrades for PCs, Macs, Laptops, and Desktops.
- Advanced hardware skills, including troubleshooting, repair, and upgrades.
- Advanced software skills, including troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10, and OSX.
- Proficiency in Apple iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Experience working in IT support for a mobile computer repair company or computer shop.
- Basic admin (using our job management system), such as collecting payments on-site and providing follow-up support via phone or email.
Attitude is Key
Your attitude is more important than decades of experience or every qualification under the sun.
What We’re Looking for…
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues in ‘plain English’.
- Friendly and personable with customers in their home or office.
- Enthusiastic, optimistic attitude and willing to learn.
- Clear thinking with the ability to work under pressure and solve problems.
- Passion for technology.
- Attention to detail.
Benefits: What You’ll Enjoy
- Top Technology – Company provided iPhone, iPad & work tools.
- Extensive training and support.
- State of the art offices based in St Kilda, Melbourne (Australia).
- Free underground car parking.
- Energetic & fun team-orientated culture.
- Supportive team environment.
- Ability to earn sales commissions.
- Optional weekend work
Before you pick up the phone, please make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- An Australian (permanent) resident.
- Over 5 years experience in computer repairs.
- Must live in Melbourne.
- Reliable and organised.
- Outgoing, professional, clean cut and have a can do attitude.
- Own a reliable and well-maintained car and have a full drivers licence (with good driving record).
- Are willing to undergo a police background check.
- Own a smartphone & laptop.
We want to talk to you
Feel like the position is for you? Fantastic. We want to talk with you. That’s right – talk. Not read your resume. By chatting on the phone, we can gauge your attitude, expertise, and work ethic. Give us a call on 1300 553 166 today, but keep in mind the first question will be ‘Do you have 5 years experience in computer repairs?’ – that’s the first prerequisite.
Resumes will not be accepted in the first stage and will be disregarded if sent.