Data Recovery Melbourne (Mac & PC)
Have you lost precious family photos after a computer malfunction or hard drive failure? Are you stressed because you can’t find the valuable work documents you’ve spent hours creating? Has your device crashed without a backup? Have your backups failed, and you’re at a total loss of what to do next?
The team at Computer Cures can help.
Data recovery with a 90+ per cent success rate
Losing data can be distressing – we get it. Hardware and software can fail at any time without warning, and we’ve all accidentally deleted important files and documents before.
Data loss can cause significant disruption for both home and business users – but there is a solution.
Fast and professional action can increase your chances of recovering 100 per cent of your lost data. Even in the trickiest of situations, our experienced team have revived family photos, sensitive information, and business documentation for our clients.
Signs you have a faulty hard drive
Here are some of the tell-tale signs you have a faulty hard drive in your PC, Mac, or laptop:
- Your computer takes 5-10 minutes to load anything.
- The Mac spinning rainbow wheel keeps spinning.
- Your computer makes a ticking or scratching noise.
- Your computer has slowed down considerably over the last 3-6 months.
- You struggle to open photos, files, and documents.
- You constantly get blue screen errors (BSOD) on your PC.
- Important files and documents are missing.
- Family photos are corrupted and won’t open or display correctly.
Act now to prevent further data loss
If you suspect your computer has a faulty hard drive, carefully follow these rules:
- DO shut down your computer and unplug it from the wall. Call us right away on 1300 553 166. The faster you phone, the greater the chance of a full recovery.
- DO NOT attempt to access files. This can damage the hard drive.
- DO NOT reformat your computer or reinstall the operating system.
- DO NOT restore a backup or use an auto-repair program.
- DO stop using the computer if you hear clicking or grinding noises. You might need to put your ear to the side of your computer.
- DO NOT use free data recovery software available online. This can ‘override’ your files, making professional data recovery more difficult and time-consuming.
Our 3-step data retrieval process
We’ve formulated a three-step data retrieval process that yields the best possible results.
First, we comprehensively assess the health of your hard drive. This evaluation allows us to diagnose the issue and its severity. The drive may have experienced a logical or mechanical failure or physical damage.
2. File list
Using professional-grade tools and software, we begin the process of recovering your valuable data. We will provide you with a detailed list of recoverable files. Once you confirm this list, we will proceed with a full recovery.
After your files have been recovered, we copy them to a portable hard drive or upload them to a cloud storage provider.
Types of equipment and media we can recover data from
- Mechanical hard drives (all brands and models)
- SSD hard drives (all brands and models)
- Apple iMac, MacBook, and Mac Mini
- PCs, including both branded desktops, laptops and custom computers
- USB thumb drives and portable hard drives
- Memory cards
- Floppy disks
- Backup tapes
- Raid servers
- Email and PST files
- NAS servers
- And other devices – just ask our friendly team
Why choose Computer Cures for data recovery?
Data recovery is a highly specialised field that requires years of on-the-job experience and professional-grade tools and equipment. We have the expertise needed to deliver an extremely high success rate – even under challenging circumstances.
Here are just some of the reasons our clients choose us for data recovery:
- We are the only computer repair company that provides a file list before we undertake a full recovery. This added detail gives you peace of mind.
- We can recover all file types, from photos and emails to documents.
- We store your data on our secure server for 30 days following recovery, just in case you misplace your hard drive.
- We have access to a dedicated ISO-5/Class 100 Clean Room Facility. This allows us to recover data from hard drives with mechanical issues, such as broken heads, seized bearings, and physical damage.
- We are partners with all major data recovery companies worldwide, ensuring your data has the best chance possible for recovery.
- Our data recovery service is flexible. Drop off your hard drive to our head office, have a technician come to your home or business, or mail it to us via registered post.
- We provide a portable hard drive with your recovered data, so you can quickly and easily access it on a PC, Mac, or laptop.
- We service Melbourne and all other capital cities in Australia.
Avoid future data loss
You have experienced first-hand just how stressful data loss can be. Prevent future data loss by investing in two to three forms of backup.
We always recommend a combination of cloud-based and portable hard drive backups paired with a reliable backup software – such as Acronis. For household and small businesses, we also recommend using a Network Attached Storage (NAS) server. These systems have built-in RAID backup and will continue to function even after a hard drive has failed.
Chat with our experienced team today to discuss the best backup options for you. Our technicians can help you create a fully customised backup solution that gives you peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can book one of our technicians to come to your home or office and remove your internal hard drive from your computer and bring it back to our data recovery workshop.
- If you already have the hard drive, you can drop it off to our St Kilda Head Office, or send it in bubble wrap via a courier or express post to our office. Please give our office a call on 1300 553 166 to discuss the best options for you.
Start the data recovery process now
Get in touch now to recover your precious missing files. One of our qualified engineers will guide you through the recovery process. We are on your side and will do whatever we can to remove stress from the situation. Call now on 1300 553 166 or fill out the form at the top of this page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.