PC Maintenance & Repairs Service
At Computer Cures, we offer fast and reliable PC repair, upgrades and services to most brands of PCs, including Lenovo, HP, Dell, Asus, Acer, Alienware and custom computers purchased through your computer supplier.
Sluggish and unreliable computers can be incredibly frustrating to deal with, and can have a detrimental effect on productivity.
Fussing around with computer settings, restarts, online tutorials and other DIY computer repair attempts can take hours out of your day.
Underperforming PCs Are Seriously Frustrating
Common issues many of our clients experience include:
- PC is very slow to load or use
- PC won’t turn on or randomly restarts
- Windows error messages
- Faulty hard drive errors
- Internet and email problems
- Windows programs won’t load normally
- Your PC or desktop has a malware infection or a virus
- Blue screen error messages (BSOD – Blue Screen of Death)
If you can relate to any of these, your PC is most likely due for a repair.
What Causes PCs to Break Down?
There are a number of factors that contribute to a PC’s poor performance, including:
- Outdated or incompatible software
- Faulty hard drive, memory or motherboard
- Dust build up, which conducts electricity and can short-circuit or damage the internals of your PC
- Unstable drivers or faulty software updates
- Poor computer maintenance
- Pirated software
- Age (older than 7 years +)
- Serious virus infection
- Outdated versions of Windows
Luckily, we can repair the majority of these issues and get your PC back up and running.
Why Should I Hire a Professional to Fix My PC?
Would you fix your car, or attempt to do your own electricity rewiring? We wouldn’t. We don’t have the skills or knowledge of a mechanic or electrician, and by taking on those kinds of repairs we risk causing even more damage.
The same goes for your computer. DIY PC repairs may end in permanently deleted files and photos, a completely wiped computer, or a computer that doesn’t work at all. And that would be disastrous.
What About Free Repair Software?
Tune-up or clean-up programs can actually make your issues worse, because they don’t take into account the many important variables that make your PC’s condition unique.
To provide you with the best results possible, we perform a thorough investigation to narrow down the fault. We then consider which version of Windows you are using, the type of issue we are dealing with, whether or not you have backed up your computer, and other contributing factors.
These variables, paired with our experience, determine which solution will be the best for your situation and ongoing needs. We make sure we explain (without geek speak) what’s happening with your PC, why it’s performing below par, and the best solution alternatives.
PC Repairs: Updating Your Computer
In addition to PC repairs, we perform regular upgrades. These can be the best way to improve the performance and longevity of your device.
Here are the types of updates we can help you with:
- Hard drive upgrades or replacements. This may be necessary if your hard drive is faulty, or if you continually run out of space
- Memory upgrade (RAM) to speed up your computer
- Latest Microsoft Windows installations (Windows 10 & 11)
- Microsoft Office 2021 or Office 365 installations
- New computer installs
- Data transfers from old computers
- New video card installations
Frequently Asked Questions
Book a PC Repair Technician Near Me
We also provide computer help and services across all Melbourne Suburbs.