Computer Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal
Do you suspect you have a Virus? Have you been Scammed or Hacked?
Left untreated, malware can cause a whole host of problems. Worst case scenario, your computer will be left unusable and your personal data unsecure and irretrievable.
What is Malware?
Malware (also referred to as viruses) is an umbrella term for a variety of hostile and dangerous programs, including viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, rootkits and scareware. Usually, malware find its way onto your computer without your consent through spam email attachments.
The most common goal of malware is to steal private data. This can be a serious issue, especially if your computer contains confidential information, such as bank account passwords.
As viruses and other malicious software become more advanced, they are able to remain undetected by anti-virus software. And once your computer is infected, it can be very difficult for the average computer-user to locate and remove it.
Customer Rating: 5/5 based on 290 Reviews
Why is Malware Dangerous?
- Malware can steal your banking information and passwords.
- Malware can hijack your email account and send spam to your contact list.
- Malware can transmit your personal/business information to hackers.
- Malware can delete your personal files and hold your computer to ransom.
- Malware can wipe your computer hard drive and infect your backups and USBs.
- Malware can ultimately destroy your computer.
Common Signs of Virus, Spyware and Malware Infections
The signs of malware aren’t always obvious right away. Sometimes it can be a few days before you notice anything different. It’s important to be aware of the symptoms of viruses because the longer your computer is infected, the more damage can be done.
The common signs your PC, laptop or iMac has a virus, spyware, or malware infection include:
- Computer is increasingly becoming slower to boot up and run
- Web is unusually slow, or you are experiencing strange wireless dropouts
- Random computer crashes or freezes
- Suspicious and/or aggressive pop-up advertisements
- Hard disk space is continuously running low
- Strange toolbars installed in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Suspicious looking browser homepages
- Strange websites loading without your permission
- Intermittent internet drop outs
- Inability to send emails and numerous bounced emails
- Disabled internet security software
- Aggressive advertising: selling pornography, online gambling, get rich quick schemes, etc.
Another thing to be aware of is malware infection in mobile devices. If you notice your battery draining quickly, strange pop ups, unusually large phone bills for extra data, or ransom-based messages, malware could be the cause.
How we Securely Remove Malware
We follow a 5 step procedure to remove viruses, malware or adware infections without damaging your data or harming your computer so that we restore your computer to the way it was functioning before.
- We use specialised software tools to remove each piece of malware. If these automated tools fail, we remove the infection manually.
- We also repair any damage or software issues caused by the malware.
- As a preventative measure, we educate you on the most effective ways of protecting your devices against future infection.
- We ensure your computer has the latest security software installed and we teach you how to perform regular maintenance.
Finally, we double-check your backup system, making sure it’s functioning properly.
We Have Computer Technicians In Your Local Area
Frequently Asked Questions
Malware and Spyware is much more common than a full-blown virus, and is commonly picked up by downloading free software, pirating movies and tv shows, clicking on spammy websites or opening scam emails. Signs of a malware infection include; sending out SPAM emails, a slow computer, aggressive advertising pop ups, and strange programs installed on your PC or Mac.