Business IT Support Technician
Join Our Team
You’re looking for a new job for one reason: you’re unhappy with the company you’re still working for. So why join the Computer Cures team? Here are a couple of ways our company will improve your work and life.
6 reasons to enjoy your work and life as a Business IT Support Technician
- You will be respected at all times. You will not be the recipient of anger or criticism from management.
- You will be asked questions, both for your feedback and as a way to improve your knowledge and skills.
- You can share your experiences, challenges, and ideas and feel appreciated in our weekly team meetings.
- You’ll learn and be in control of our systems without intense supervision.
- You’ll be treated how we want you to treat and talk to our customers.
- Your role is significant. We’re a small but fast-growing company.
Variety is the spice of life
We offer a whole range of IT Support services, so no two days at work are the same – from Office 365 email migrations and new internet connections to setting up new computers and more. You’ll have the opportunity to solve problems and make a real difference in each client’s life.
To ensure our clients receive top-quality services, you will need the following skills:
- Great customer service skills (both phone and email)
- More than two years’ experience providing IT support for small- and medium-sized businesses
- Experience with various ticketing systems
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to conduct onsite IT Audits and make sales recommendations
- Experience with all Ubiquiti networking equipment such as access points, routers, switches, cloud key etc. This includes both UniFi and EdgeRouter product lines
- Experience with Synology and QNAP NAS products, including installation, setup, and maintenance
- Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Server experience, including performing and managing Office 365 email migrations
- Ability to work on projects and provide telephone, remote, and email support to our existing and new business clientele
- Willingness to meet with existing clientele and conduct site audits
- Willingness to call and meet with existing business clients every six months to promote various IT services
Your attitude is key
Your attitude is more important than decades of experience. If you possess the following traits, we want you:
- Excellent communication skills with both internal team members and clients
- Ability to troubleshoot issues remotely and onsite
- Friendly and personable with customers over the phone or by email
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Clear thinking with the ability to work under pressure and solve problems
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required
- Attention to detail
What you offer
Do you have a few specialist skills that help you stand out from the crowd? Here are a few in particular that we are looking for:
Business development skills:
- Business IT support sales and development experience
- Systems and processes development (i.e. ticketing, remote monitoring, password management, network diagrams, etc.)
- Sales experience (i.e. moving clients from ad hoc to managed support services)
- Developing SLAs and recurring revenue streams
- Managing software licenses
- Advanced networking experience (i.e. programming routers, VPNs, and various cloud systems)
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- 3CX phone system experience
- Managed backups and anti-virus products
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook experience
- Google G Suite experience
- MailGuard email, spam, and virus filtering.
- Computer repair and upgrade experience for PCs, Macs, and laptops
Before you pick up the phone, please make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- An Australian resident
- Reliable and organised
- Own a well-maintained car and full drivers licence
- Are willing to undergo a police background check
- Own a smartphone
We want to talk to you
Feel like the position is for you? Fantastic. We want to talk with you. That’s right – talk. Not read your resume. By chatting on the phone, we can gauge your attitude, expertise, and work ethic. Give us a call on 1300 553 166 today.