Data Recovery Technician
Join Our Team
You’re looking for a new job for one major reason: you’re unhappy with the company you are still working for.
So, why join the Computer Cures team? Here are a couple of ways our company will improve your work and life.
- Your 5+ years’ experience will be valued and appreciated
- You will be asked for your wisdom and ideas and be respected at all times
- You will be a valuable team member in a small, fast-growing business
Computer Cures is loved by its home and small business customers. We want a reliable, professional team member to join and grow with us.
Want more rewards for your good attitude and data recovery skills from the company you work for?
Here are six reasons to enjoy your work as our data recovery technician:
- You will be respected at all times. You will not be the recipient of anger or criticism from management
- You will be asked questions, for your feedback from experience and as a form of education
- You will be encouraged to share recent experiences, challenges, and ideas and feel appreciated in our weekly team meetings
- You will learn and be in control of our systems without intense supervision
- You’ll be treated how we want you to treat and talk to our customers
- Your role is important and significant as we’re a small but fast-growing company
Do you like variety at work?
We offer a whole range of data recovery services, so no two days at work will be the same.
To help our customers, you will need the following skills:
- Advanced data recovery for PCs, Macs, laptops, and desktops (both mechanical hard drives and SSDs)
- RAID & NAS data recovery
- USB flash drive data recovery
- Memory card data recovery
- iPhone & Android data recovery
- Email & PST file data recovery
- Experience working in a data recovery workshop
- Basic admin (using our job management system), such as collecting payments and providing follow-up support via phone or email
Attitude is key
Your attitude is more important than decades of experience or loads of qualifications.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues in ‘plain English’
- A friendly and personable nature when working with customers in their home or office
- An enthusiastic and optimistic attitude with a willingness to learn
- Clear thinking with the ability to work under pressure and solve problems
- Passion for technology
- Attention to detail
The benefits you’ll enjoy when working for Computer Cures
- Top technology – get you company-provided iPhone, iPad, and work tools
- Extensive training and support
- State-of-the-art offices based in St Kilda, Melbourne
- Free underground car parking
- Energetic, supportive, and fun team-orientated culture
- Ability to earn sales commissions
- Optional weekend work
Before you pick up the phone, please make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- An Australian (permanent) resident
- Over 5 years’ experience in computer repairs
- Live in Melbourne
- Reliable and organised
- Outgoing, professional, and clean-cut with a can-do attitude
- Own a reliable and well-maintained car and have a full drivers licence (with good driving record)
- Willingness to undergo a police background check
- Own a smartphone and laptop.
Feel like the position is for you?
Fantastic. We want to talk with you. That’s right – talk. Not read your resume.
By chatting on the phone, we can gauge your attitude, expertise, and work ethic. Give us a call on 1300 553 166 today, but keep in mind the first question will be ‘Do you have 5 years’ experience in data recovery?’ – that’s the first prerequisite.
Resumes will not be accepted in the first stage and will be disregarded if sent.